When it comes to making life changes–major or minor–remembering everything you need to accomplish can be overwhelming. With the help of CORE Checklists, we hope to make even the biggest transitions as stress free as possible.
The dream of owning a second home is something many people seek to make a reality. But adding another property into the mix can come with a lofty set of responsibilities. If you want to make the most of your investment, but still reap the rewards of your own personal vacation spot, follow these tips by Leverage Global Partners for finding the perfect second home.
- Choose a location – Decide where you’d like to vacation on a regular basis (country, mountains, beach, city, etc.).
- Scope the landscape – Check general living amenities. Does your vacation escape have options for shopping, entertainment and recreational outlets?
- Popularity – Is the property you’re considering in a red hot vacation market? More importantly, do you want it to be?
- Income property value – When looking in popular markets, consider using it as a rental property during times you’re not using it.
- Share the investment – Consider sharing the investment with family or friends to offset costs and maintenance.
- Consider the Living Space – Be mindful of the ideal layout you’d like to have to host guests of varied ages.
- Keep a Pantry Inventory – Keep a running inventory of necessities you have on hand and make a list of what you need to buy for your next visit before you leave.
- Stock the kitchen – Supply common utensils, appliances and service-ware you’d need for a fully functional kitchen.
- Maximize space – Consider bunks beds, pull out couches and outdoor showers to accommodate for extra guests.
- Appealing Outdoor Living – Create an inviting and functional outdoor area with amenities like seating, porch swings and a hot tub for added value.
CORE is proud to be a member of Leverage Global Partners, a unique alignment of independent real estate firms in locations across the United States and around the world. Learn more at LeverageRE.com.