When it comes to making life changes–major or minor–remembering everything you need to accomplish can be overwhelming. With the help of CORE Checklists, we hope to make even the biggest transitions as stress free as possible.
Staged homes generally sell for 10 to 15% more–and eight times faster–than unstaged homes. Use these tips provided by CORE Stylist Sharon Blaustein to spruce up the picture perfect home every time.
- Unclutter – Remove unnecessary accessories and furniture to make a space feel cleaner and more open.
- Organize – Clear out and reorganize closet spaces to show off how much storage space is available.
- Rearrange – Move furniture to open a floor plan and give a layout better flow.
- Tone down – Bold wall colors have a way of reducing offers, stick with neutral colors to tone down dated finishes.
- Lighten up – Bring extra light to the space and let the sun come in by removing heavy drapery or curtains.
- Repair – Make repairs to squeaky floors, tarnished or rusted hardware and apply a fresh coat of paint.
- Clean – Have the apartment professionally cleaned including windows.
- Nest – Create a lived in feeling so potential buyers can imagine themselves living there.
- De-personalize – Appeal to a variety of potential buyers by removing personal items such as photographs.
- Style – Add stylish accessories and flower arrangements to create a welcoming environment.