25 July, 2014 posted by: CORE
Despite the summer travel season being in full effect, several New Yorkers are opting to enjoy the warm weather right here in the city. With so much to do throughout Manhattan’s most popular boroughs, it’s easy to understand why. This week’s CORE Staycation provides a list of some of the most buzzed about food-related attractions happening around town this weekend. Bon appetit!
- With several great food options located in the heart of NYC, the Flatiron History and Food Tour takes guests on a tour of some of the neighborhood’s most popular eateries, including Eataly, Shake Shake and Beecher’s Cheese. Held every Saturday, tickets can be purchased here.
- Held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from now until September 21st, Eleanor’s Pier hosts a variety of food vendors at Roosevelt Island. New Yorkers are welcome to attend for a day of great food while also taking in the amazing views of Manhattan’s east side.
- As part of its summer-long outdoor series, Brooklyn will be hosting Smorgasburg this weekend, noted as “The Woodstock of eating” according to The New York Times. Featuring several food options from local eateries, the event will be held this Saturday at Williamsburg’s East River State Park and on Sunday on Pier 5 at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- This Saturday, Citi Field Stadium will play host to this year’s Bacon and Beer Classic. Hosted inside major league baseball stadiums across the country, the Classic “is a premier experience focused on traditions where one’s nostalgia of baseball meets their love for bacon and beer.” Tickets for this weekend’s event can be purchased here.
- Another Brooklyn weekend attraction, Greenpoint’s Night Bazaar not only features local art and clothing vendors, but also at least a dozen food options as well. This free event is held at 165 Banker Street every Friday and Saturday from 7PM to 1AM.
18 July, 2014 posted by: CORE
Despite the summer travel season being in full effect, several New Yorkers are opting to enjoy the warm weather right here in the city. With so much to do throughout Manhattan’s most popular boroughs, it’s easy to understand why. This week’s CORE Staycation provides a list of some of the most buzzed about musical attractions happening around town this weekend.
- Jazz legend Barbara Carroll takes the stage at Birdland NYC on Saturday July 19th. Doors open at 5:00pm.
- Paying homage to Judy Garland and Liza Minnelli, longtime impersonators Tommy Femia and Rick Skye perform at Hell’s Kitchen’s Don’t Tell Mama venue, in this entertaining performance on Saturday, July 19th.
- Boasting an all-star line-up of performers such as Judy Collins and Guy Davis, Lincoln Center will be hosting a night of celebration in remembrance of noted folk musicians and activists Pete and Toshi Seeger on Sunday, July 20th.
- Grammy-nominated songstress Sara Bareilles takes on New York City this Saturday at The Theater at Madison Square Garden.
- Philadelphia-born singer-songwriter Amos Lee and the musical group Lake Street Dive join forces for this weekend’s installment of the summer series Celebrate Brooklyn! 2014 this Sunday at the Prospect Park Bandshell.
18 July, 2014 posted by: CORE
This week, CORE celebrated summer on the Honorable William Wall at the Manhattan Yacht Club. Agents, management and our guests enjoyed a night overlooking the city during a particularly special sunset. Departing from North Cove Marina, guests took a short tender ride to the floating clubhouse, located in the middle of New York Harbor. Overlooking downtown Manhattan’s iconic skyline, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, lively music played background to summer cocktails, dancing and a delicious spread of food.
See the best photos from the night on our Facebook page.
16 July, 2014 posted by: CORE
As the international hub for some of the world’s most noted historic and modern art exhibits, New York City entices visitors and residents with its vast art scene. Home to several modern galleries, exhibits and museums such as The Museum of Modern Art and the renowned Whitney Museum, New York City remains a popular destination for those looking to indulge in the visual arts. Here is a roundup of some of the city’s most impressive art exhibits taking place this summer.
- Widely regarded as one of the most influential artists of our time, Jeff Koons’ exhibit “A Retrospective” will be showcased at the Whitney Museum from now through October. From his famous balloon animals, to a massive ‘Play-Doh‘ sculpture, the exhibit features his best work dating back to 1978. Daily tours are open to the public and will be held every weekday and during select weekend hours.
- Presented by MoMA, Rockaway!, in recognition of the ongoing recovery of the Rockaway Peninsula, is a curated public arts festival which features the work of several local Rockaway artists, including Patti Smith, along with Adrián Villar Rojas, Marina Abromovic, Terence Koh, Tom Sachs, Michael Stipe and others. Admission is free and the exhibit is set to run until September 1st at Fort Tilden and Rockaway Beach.
- On the High Line, artist Ryan McNamara will be showcasing “Misty Malarky Ying Yang,” presented by High Line Art tomorrow evening at 7:30pm. The piece celebrates the 35th anniversary of President Jimmy Carter’s famous 1979 “Malaise Speech”. Admission is free and all ages are welcome to attend. Additionally, summer commissions include Edward Ruscha and Mark Dion.
19 June, 2014 posted by: CORE
On Wednesday night, CORE teamed up with lifestyle and home decor publication Lonny Magazine to celebrate the relaunch of Lonny.com at 111 Mercer Street PH. The event also kicked-off CORE’s partnership with the shelter mag to host speaker events for the broker community in NYC. The Livingly Media-published magazine recently introduced its mobile-friendly redesign, responsive platform and improved navigation for readers.
Guests enjoyed a night of conversation, music and taking in the scenery as they gathered at the penthouse atop 111 Mercer Street, listed by Emily Beare and Christian Rogers. Located in the heart of Soho on one of the neighborhood’s most coveted blocks, 111 Mercer Street, PH offers over 3,500 square feet of spectacular living space and more than 1,600 square feet of three separate private terraces. Every possible convenience has been provided for, including pre-wiring for full sound, light, and shade automation and access to service and amenities from the boutique Nolitan Hotel.
29 May, 2014 posted by: CORE
Twice a year, Manhattan celebrates an event known as Manhattanhenge when the sun sets in alignment with the east-west grid of the Big Apple. Tonight at 8:16pm make sure not to miss the bright glow coming from the west side along the Hudson River. Prime viewing spots include 14th, 23rd, 34th, 42nd, and 57th Streets. According to the American Museum of Natural History, the special event will also take place on July 12th.
If you’re looking for an apartment with west side views to ensure years of Manhattanhenge viewing, look no further than 93 Worth Street, PH2, 419 East 57th Street, PHAB and 30 Bond Street, PH. Last but not least, make sure to tag us in your Instagram posts @CORE_realestate!
12 May, 2014 posted by: CORE
A sampling of last week’s press coverage of CORE and CORE properties
Previewing the Penthouses of Tribeca’s ODA-Designed 93 Worth
Following the 93 Worth Penthouse Launch, this recap highlights some of the moments captured from last week’s event, hosted by CORE, ODA Architecture and IGI-USA.
Victor Homes’ NoMad Condo Building Sells Out
The Real Deal
CORE’s NoMad new development project 241 Fifth made headlines last week after the building reached 100% of its units closed and in contract, with Doron Zwickel leading as Director of Sales.
Grammar Rules in Real Estate
The Wall Street Journal
Mickey Conlon discusses the impact of well-written listing copy on residential deals. “You can get a sense of what the transaction will be like based on the listing description,” says Mickey. “If it’s exceptionally sloppy, then it’s a warning sign of a potentially sloppy transaction.”
02 May, 2014 posted by: CORE
This Wednesday, Union Settlement Association, East Harlem’s oldest and largest social service provider, honored CORE CEO Shaun Osher and Robert F. Quaintance, Retired Partner of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, at its annual fundraising gala. Union Settlement’s “Solutions Benefit” brought together hundreds of New York City’s business and community leaders, elected officials, and honored guests who support Union Settlement’s mission, and shined a spotlight on the venerable East Harlem organization’s 50 years of college readiness programs.
17 April, 2014 posted by: Tom Postilio
Mickey and I have always been aware of the great work that Bailey House does in New York City to help those affected by HIV/AIDS, and we certainly understand the importance of helping people to find a suitable and comfortable home – especially when that home is the only refuge from a difficult day of dealing with a debilitating illness. But, when we were approached to host the annual gala event this year at Chelsea Piers, we were especially honored. A new annual award was created this year to honor Jason Sheftell, the beloved New York Daily News real estate reporter who passed away suddenly at the age of 46 last summer. Jason was a beloved and supportive friend and someone we respected and admired for his passion for our industry. When we were invited to host the event, we didn’t pause for a moment before accepting. It was immeasurably rewarding for us to take part in this magical evening. We were delighted to finally meet Jason’s darling mother, Karen Sheftell. We now know exactly where Jason got his passion for life, real estate and all things New York City. Getting to know Karen, who is a real estate broker in Stamford, CT., was the icing on the cake of a very special and rewarding evening for us. We were proud to be hosts of this year’s event and look forward to being a part of the Bailey House family for years to come!
04 February, 2014 posted by: CORE
Last night, CORE agents and staff gathered for a night of celebration and recognition at the West Village’s highly-acclaimed restaurant Omar’s. Boasting an intimately chic decor and ambiance, guests enjoyed a night of cocktails, delicious food and a few unexpected surprises. CORE CEO Shaun Osher presented several CORE agents with special awards and distinctions, based on their hard work, notable deals and contributions to the company. Among the honored CORE agents were Paul Johansen, Jarrod Guy Randolph, Emily Beare, Tom Postilio, Mickey Conlon, Doron Zwickel and Doug Bowen. To top it all off, CORE’s Director of Sales Ryan Fitzpatrick was also recognized after the awards were presented, as he celebrated his birthday!
For an inside peek at last night’s party, check out these photos from the event after the jump! Read the rest of this entry »