Built in 1891 for a Bushwick merchant and kept within just three families, this live/work style compound is a rare find in NYC. 66-68 Stanhope St. is a 6,185sf lot which includes a two family Victorian rowhouse with Eastlake and Romanesque Revival design elements, an expansive carriage house with facade design complimenting the townhouse, an organically landscaped courtyard and a parking area for up to six vehicles.
The Townhouse is a two family brick house with English basement and three exposures. It is presently being used as a lower level duplex and an upper level floor-through with terrace. Beautifully crafted original details have been maintained and restored. The duplex unit opens onto the courtyard through its eat-in kitchen which reflects the building's original design. There are decorative mantels, wood moldings and window frames throughout. The lower duplex has 3BR/1BA on the first floor and 2BR/1BA on the lower floor as well as a laundry room. The sunny upper unit has 2.5BR/1BA, with a recently renovated kitchen with dishwasher and washer/dryer. The spacious south facing terrace overlooks the verdant and fragrant courtyard garden.
The Carriage House is two stories tall with 10' ceilings and 2,000sf of interior space. Presently housing an artist's studio on one floor and a printmaking shop on the other, it has the plumbing and electricity necessary for a quick and efficient redesign.
The Courtyard/Garden and Parking Area offer the flexibility of building further or extending the courtyard while still maintaining some parking for rental income. There are multiple options for the use and enjoyment of this rare urban compound. This property is truly more than the sum of its parts.