Renovated 1 bed 1 bath duplex in newly renovated building close by to The Pratt Institute and the C train at Clinton Washington.
central A/C and heat
"Once home of stock broker Lascelles E. Maxwell and his wife, Grace Maxwell, in the early 1870s, the house was transformed in 1906 into a new home for the U.S. Grant Post 327 of the Grand Army of the Republic. Known as Grant Hall, it had meeting rooms, exhibits on General Grant and entertainment spaces that were rented out to the community.
Union Army veterans gathered for annual dinners and celebrations until the late 1920s, when a mere 50 aging veterans remained as members, according to a story in the Brooklyn Daily Eagle at the time.
The post closed in 1928 and the house became Weber Studios, a dance studio. It was modernized with $50,000 worth of improvements and the creation of four ballrooms and a banquet hall, according to a 1929 article in Brooklyn Life."