Originally a 32' wide, nearly 7,000 sq. ft. townhouse, this property has been divided into two single family homes that have just completed renovation. These turn-key townhouses have never been lived in and are offered together for purchase. The property offers tremendous flexibility for both users and investors alike. Use both homes, or be the the first to live in one while renting the other for significant income. You could even reconfigure the new bones of this property into a massive 9,000 square foot mansion using the additional 2,000 square feet of air rights.
The adjacent houses share the same facade, roof and outdoor spaces, but the interiors and mechanicals are completely separate and thoughtfully laid out for single family use. 461 East 57th Street features five bedrooms, three full bathrooms, one powder room and two outdoor spaces. 463 East 57th Street features four bedrooms, two full bathrooms, two powder rooms, ample entertaining space, two outdoor spaces, and a sauna.
Highlights of the homes also include:
- Spacious entry foyers lined with custom made closets for coats and storage
- Beautifully renovated kitchens with custom cabinetry, Brazilian marble islands, and brand new appliances
- Sun-filled atriums leading to a rear 32' wide, shared garden that could easily be separated into two private gardens
- Parlor floors with 11' ceilings and access to an additional outdoor area that can be made into large usable terraces
- Full floor primary suites
- Finished basements with storage/exercise rooms
This is a unique opportunity to own two adjacent single family houses set just off the best corner in the exclusive and peaceful enclave of Sutton Place. Walking distance to midtown manhattan, the United Nations and the Upper East Side, for over a hundred years Sutton Place has been home to countless notable New Yorker’s including Aristotle Onassis, Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, I.M. Pei and Elizabeth Arden.