This Romanesque Revival style single-family townhouse was built in 1888 for John C. Barr, and designed by renowned architect William B. Tuthill.
Original details include the grand stoop which has retained its original ironwork and leads to the beautiful nine-panel rectangular doors, as well as the detailed roof cornice, which gracefully protrudes from the top of the facade.
The home, known for housing Stanley William Hayter an instrumental printmaker in the early 1950s is currently configured as four bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms, spread across four stories. Other notable features are a private garden, basement, formal parlor and, library.
The townhouse has been beautifully maintained and is located on one of the most desirable blocks in the West Village.