132 East 74th Street was originally built by the architect John C. Prague in 1871-1875 as one of a group of 28 Italianate houses. The present red brick neo-Federal facade was redesigned by Julian L. Peabody of Peabody, Wilson & Brown in 1911. The 18.75 foot wide house, is over 5,000 square feet, has 5 stories and is ideally located mid-block between Park and Lexington Avenues. The entrance leads to a gracious gallery with a cloak room and powder room. The kitchen and dining room, with French doors to the 42 foot south facing garden, are also on this level. The parlor floor includes a living room with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the tree lined street and a large library with a bay window, fireplace and separate wet bar. The house currently has 4 bedrooms on the 3rd and 4th level and a vast studio space on the 5th floor that is flooded with light. This area could easily be converted to additional bedrooms or used for upstairs entertaining. A staircase leads to the roof which is presently unfinished but provides a great opportunity to create an additional outdoor seating area. The basement level includes a full bath, kitchenette and access to the garden, as well as tremendous storage. The elevator serves all floors, from the basement to the 5th floor. This special house is on the market for the first time in over fifty years.