Welcome to Ten, CORE founder and CEO Shaun Osher’s rapid-fire interview series with prominent CORE agents. Read on to find out how this week’s subject deals with being on the hot seat.
I’ve known Vickey Barron for ten years (which makes her the perfect candidate for Ten!), and there’s not a day that goes by when she doesn’t do something that surprises me. In a positive way. She is known, industry wide, as trustworthy, ethical, and a lady full of fantastic ideas. She is also a true closer! To me, personally, she is a true friend and someone I look to every day to help me grow my business and brand.
1) What did you dream of being when you were younger?
Alan Funk on Candid Camera or a TV host. I love asking people questions.
2) Why did you go into real estate?
I bought my first property on my own in my early 20’s, fixed it, sold it and bought another within a year. Do what you believe in and you have a better chance to succeed.
3) Who is your mentor?
Dr. Robert Gumbiner, an intellectual creative thinker who took risks and lived life to its fullest.
4) What is the value you most admire in a person?
A creative thinker without over thinking.
5) You’re very involved in teaching newer (and more experienced) agents about our industry. Why?
I do many deals with different agents. We are on the same team, even agents with other firms. So the better we are as a team, we will provide better service to our clients. When I teach, I also learn. It simply feels good to help. I learned that from my Mother.
6) You have built one of the best reputations in our business. I have yet to meet a person who would have a bad word to say about you. How did you achieve this?
Now you are making me blush! Play nice, have fun, be kind and respect others. It is simple manners. Reputation is everything. People talk, and the question is, what do you want them to say about you?
7) I’ve seen you masterfully in action making deals. What is the one necessary attribute an agent needs to be successful?
Without a doubt: Trust.
8) What is your favorite book, artist, movie? Name one (and why).
The movie Big with Tom Hanks. The child in us should always remain alive.
9) How would you like to be remembered?
A) As an optimistic person, full of ideas and willing to share.
10) Do you have anything you’d like to ask me?
If you could teach your children one thing that will serve them well in life, what would it be.