Welcome to Ten, CORE founder and CEO Shaun Osher’s rapid-fire interview series with prominent CORE figures. Read on to find out how this week’s subject deals with being on the hot seat.
Michael Lessner joins CORE as a real estate salesperson. His joy in finding the perfect home for all of his clients is the key to his success. Here’s a glimpse into Michael’s life in TEN questions.
1. Tell me something about your home.
To me, my home is the perfect balance of inspiration and relaxation. Organization is key in my life and it starts at home.
2. What did you do before you found this career?
I worked at a sports marketing agency in Connecticut. I focused on sponsorship activation and launched events all over the country. Before that, I was a digital analyst at a media company in NYC.
3. What has been the highlight of your career?
What I love about real estate is that every day seems to create a new highlight. For me, getting to know my clients and fulfilling their specific needs is a feeling that never gets old. Receiving referrals from past clients is the ultimate sign of a job well done.
4. What is your greatest daily challenge?
Getting ahead of myself. It’s important to enjoy the process.
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Still learning and evolving. Passionately working to accomplish my personal and professional goals.
6. Where do you find inspiration?
The people around me.
7. What’s your favorite restaurant?
8. What’s your favorite movie or book?
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. It has surpassed the test of time and for good reason. Everyone should read it.
9. What do you do in your free time?
Good food. Good people. A good game on TV.
10. Name one thing we might not know about you?
My great-grandfather, Louis Lessner, was an entrepreneur and helped assist Thomas Edison in the development of the light bulb. His company, Lessner Electric, was founded in 1918 and began with him hanging lights in Elizabeth, NJ. It is now three generations old.