Welcome to Ten, CORE founder and CEO Shaun Osher’s rapid-fire interview series with prominent CORE figures. Read on to find out how this week’s subject deals with being in the hot seat.
Josh Gurwitz is one of the founders of Good Property Company who recently launched a development and marketing/sales partnership with CORE to bring several high-end luxury residential developments to the Manhattan real estate market.The first of these luxury properties was a 3,700-square-foot townhouse restoration at 23 Downing Street, in the heart of Greenwich Village. Just announced this week, Good Property and CORE will be bringing a new development to market at 31 Bond Street. With a lot of exciting projects are in the works; here are Josh’s answers to Ten questions:
1. What did you do before you found this career?
I initially went to Parsons to be an art dealer then wound up at New York School of Interior Design. Then, I worked for Clodagh and then Gensler for a number of years and fell into real estate by happenstance.
2. What has been the highlight of your career?
I am extremely blessed to be able to do what I love therefore there are highlights constantly.
3. What is your greatest daily challenge?
Slowing down to enjoy the process.
4. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I typically do not think that far ahead.
5. Where do you find inspiration?
Most of what I do comes from “feeling,” and I am inspired constantly to feel more.
6. Name one thing we might not know about you.
I am colorblind.
7. What’s your favorite movie or book?
8. What do you do in your free time?
Wait, I wasn’t told there was free time….
9. What’s your favorite restaurant?
Blue Ribbon (the original).
10. Tell me something about your home.
It is peaceful and quiet.