Welcome to TEN, CORE Founder and CEO Shaun Osher’s rapid-fire interview series with prominent CORE figures. Read on to find out how this week’s subject deals with being on the hot seat.
One half of The Kendrick-Korant Team, Gerry Kendrick prides himself on extraordinary customer service. Here’s a glimpse into Gerry’s life in TEN questions.
1. Tell me something about your home. With a casual luxury feel, open kitchen format and majestic views of Riverside Park and the Hudson River, my home is great for entertaining family and friends on any occasion. A private balcony provides an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of city life and can become an extension of the interior space when needed.
2. What did you do before you found this career?
I began my career in sales and marketing in the fashion industry. Because I wanted a strong business foundation, I went back to school for my MBA. During and after my studies, I interned and worked for two international banks in capital markets and in financial reporting and analysis (yes, a major change of pace!). And right before I decided to enter the world of real estate, I worked in finance for a global fashion retailer which actually brought me “full circle” in terms of incorporating all my previous experience. An EVP & Sales Manager of my previous firm suggested that I try real estate sales after being downsized in a corporate reorg and I never looked back!
3. What has been the highlight of your career?
It has always brought me great joy to assist my clients in finding the perfect home or helping them maximize the return on their own real estate investments. Providing that extra level of customer service and helping first time buyers is very rewarding. After all, The Kendrick-Korant Team motto is: Beyond Ordinary Service!
4. What is your greatest daily challenge?
My greatest challenge is to remain positive in light of the pervasive negativity in today’s world.
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I actually see myself still selling real estate in NYC perhaps rolling out to other parts of the country such as Los Angeles or Miami.
6. Where do you find inspiration?
My main inspiration comes from my friends and close family members and the notion of becoming a better person on all levels on a daily basis.
7. What’s your favorite restaurant?
I would have to say that Bottino in West Chelsea is my favorite, but don’t tell anybody! A close second for a more casual feel would be Rocking Horse Cafe in Chelsea. Try the amazing gourmet burritos!
8. What’s your favorite movie or book?
This is tough, but I would have to say that Mulholland Drive, directed by David Lynch, is my favorite movie. No matter how many times I watch it, although wonderfully directed and intriguing story line, I can never figure it out! That’s a good thing because I’m always up for a challenge! I have to mention American Beauty, directed by Sam Mendes as my second favorite. Annette Bening is flawless in her character.
9. What do you do in your free time?
I’m out socializing.
10. Name one thing we might not know about you?
I was trained in classical ballet and modern dance.