Welcome to TEN, CORE Founder and CEO Shaun Osher’s rapid-fire interview series with prominent CORE figures. Read on to find out how this week’s subject deals with being on the hot seat.
Native New Yorker and long-time resident of the Upper West Side Arthur Korant finds inspiration and joy from New York City’s favorite past-times. Here’s a glimpse into Arthur’s life in TEN questions.
2. What did you do before you found this career?
I was a creative director for two major advertising agencies and then owned an ad agency for 11 years.
3. What has been the highlight of your career?
The highlight has been the wonderful clients I have found homes for and how many have become friends.
4. What is your greatest daily challenge?
To get everything done on my to-do list. It never happens.
5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
At my house on the French countryside.
6. Where do you find inspiration?
Inspiration comes from the excitement and energy of New York City. From a play or art exhibit to a walk in the park.
7. What’s your favorite restaurant?
Cafe Luxembourg on the Upper West Side.
8. What’s your favorite movie or book?
My favorite movie is To Kill a Mockingbird and my favorite book is Just Kids by Patti Smith.
9. What do you do in your free time?
In my free time I enjoy walking my dogs in the park and going to the theatre (usually every week). I also work with several charities.
10. Name one thing we might not know about you?
I have a secret desire to write mysteries.