As an introduction to Season Six of Selling New York we’ve decided to switch up our normal epilogue and take a moment to interview SNY veteran and Season Six premiere episode star, Maggie Kent. Since Maggie has been on the show from its start, it only seemed right to have her take a moment to reflect on past and present in this quick Q&A.
1. Do you remember your first day of taping for Selling New York? What was it like?
Yes! It actually turned out to be one of my favorite episodes. It was shot in a beautiful apartment on Mulberry Street and it just felt really fun and easy.
2. Looking back on being selected for the show, did you feel any hesitations about starring in it?
At that time, there was a lot of negative reality TV programming popping up and we were taking a leap of faith that we would be represented in a way that wasn’t negative. HGTV really gave us a look and sound that only made our personal brands stronger.
3. Out of your personal roster, what is your favorite SNY episode?
They are all special in different ways. One of the most entertaining episodes for me was shooting the pool house. The first episode was probably the most exciting for me and
I also had a lot of fun shooting an episode where I toured $10M properties overlooking Central Park. Those 3 all stand out in special ways to me.
4. We always hear that fans of the show recognize our agents on the streets of NYC. What has been your favorite, or most bizarre, fan sighting so far?
To be honest, I haven’t had any bizarre sightings. One time when I was visiting my mom in Ontario and we went to the bowling alley because she’s in a league. One of her team members was really nervous and excited to meet me; it was really cute.
5. What’s one fact that even a SNY devotee doesn’t know about you?
I snowboard, ride my bike all around NYC, and I sing. None of those things have made it on SNY…yet.