Despite the summer travel season being in full effect, several New Yorkers are opting to enjoy the warm weather right here in the city. With so much to do throughout Manhattan’s most popular boroughs, it’s easy to understand why. This week’s CORE Staycation provides a list of some of the most buzzed about food-related attractions happening around town this weekend. Bon appetit!
- With several great food options located in the heart of NYC, the Flatiron History and Food Tour takes guests on a tour of some of the neighborhood’s most popular eateries, including Eataly, Shake Shake and Beecher’s Cheese. Held every Saturday, tickets can be purchased here.
- Held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from now until September 21st, Eleanor’s Pier hosts a variety of food vendors at Roosevelt Island. New Yorkers are welcome to attend for a day of great food while also taking in the amazing views of Manhattan’s east side.
- As part of its summer-long outdoor series, Brooklyn will be hosting Smorgasburg this weekend, noted as “The Woodstock of eating” according to The New York Times. Featuring several food options from local eateries, the event will be held this Saturday at Williamsburg’s East River State Park and on Sunday on Pier 5 at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- This Saturday, Citi Field Stadium will play host to this year’s Bacon and Beer Classic. Hosted inside major league baseball stadiums across the country, the Classic “is a premier experience focused on traditions where one’s nostalgia of baseball meets their love for bacon and beer.” Tickets for this weekend’s event can be purchased here.
- Another Brooklyn weekend attraction, Greenpoint’s Night Bazaar not only features local art and clothing vendors, but also at least a dozen food options as well. This free event is held at 165 Banker Street every Friday and Saturday from 7PM to 1AM.