When it comes to making life changes–major or minor– remembering everything you need to accomplish can be overwhelming. With the help of CORE Checklists, we hope to make even the biggest transitions as stress free as possible.
Just like clockwork, Memorial Day Weekend begins a 3-month long love affair with weekend getaways to the beach or countryside. But who says you have to hit the road to open your windows and let summer into your city abode? Use these tips provided by CORE Stylist Susan Goldstein to get your home ready for summer.
- Pack up – Let your rooms breathe by de-cluttering surfaces and shelves of winter accessories.
- Lighten up – Use slipcovers on sofas and chairs in cotton duck or linen for a light and airy feel.
- Get nautical – Add a nautical touch by creating covers for your accent pillows.
- Feel the breeze – Grab sheer linen panels in ivory and enjoy summer breezes in the months to come.
- Repurpose books – Cover old books in white butcher paper and stack 3 or 4 on a coffee or console table.
- Add candlelight – Select pillars in a variety of heights and sizes and place them in clear glass hurricanes.
- Gloss it up – Consider painting the fireplace glossy white or black so that candlelight bounces off its walls.
- Create ambiance – Set the mood using natural wood candlestick clusters with ivory or white pillars to dine by candlelight.
- Dine elegantly – Use white or ivory dinnerware in various shapes and sizes for the perfect summertime dinner setting.
- Freshen up – Fill the room with vases of freshly cut flowers. Pick fragrant peonies or lilacs for placement on coffee tables or for bedside bouquets.
Now light the candles, pour a glass of chilled rosé, put your feet up and enjoy your summer at home in the city.