When it comes to making life changes – major or minor – remembering everything you need to accomplish can be overwhelming. With the help of CORE Checklists, we hope to make even the biggest transitions as stress free as possible.
Holiday season is in full swing and it seems as though every street corner is adorned with perfectly branded holiday cheer. Why not bring a bit of that magic into your own home? Use these tips provided by CORE Stylist Sharon Blaustein to add a sophisticated spin on classic decorations.
- Light it up – Consider ditching “icicle” lights around your home for lanterns.
- White it out – Use all white lights as an elegant update to multicolored tree lights.
- Add some greenery – Evergreen, holly, ivy and amaryllis are wintery feeling and smell beautiful.
- Get crafty – Kids can cut paper snowflakes, stars and decorate wreaths for a rustic feel.
- Create ambiance – Display tonal candles throughout your space for a romantic holiday.
- Add some wrapping – Add lustrous-light candle holders or birch wrapped candles in lieu of candlesticks.
- Get cozy – Switch up usual bedding for flannel and down for toasty comfort.
- Fancy fabrics – Fur throws, chunky cable-knit pillows and velvet fabrics warm up any space.
- Let it shine – Add a touch of glitter to your decor for some holiday sparkle.
- Mend with metal – Replace fall hued chotchkies with mixed metal pieces for a festive feel.