Lead, Commercial Specialist
With a background in urban planning, Alex Cohen has 15 years of commercial real estate transaction negotiation, totaling ten million square feet. He has both extensive experience in launching international brands in the U.S. and a deep expertise in the marketing and repositioning of mixed use real estate. Alex’s unique perspective allows him to identify markets, buildings and plan space configurations with the potential to attract and retain talent to drive business growth. He develops branded office building environments that incorporate important new technologies and establish flexible, activity-based occupancies critical to the "Workplace of the Future" movement.
- Identify investment opportunities aligned with demographic and demands trends and negotiate transactions
- Develop branding and marketing strategy for repositioning and lease-up of office and retail assets with focus on branded office environments and incorporation of new technologies
- Devise optimal market and concession strategy in line with market norms and landlord objectives
- Canvas potential tenants and market space availabilities via multi-channels
- Negotiate lease transactions on behalf of Ownership
- Extensive experience in launching international brands in the U.S.
- Identify real estate occupancy strategy best aligned with business goals
- Canvas and survey space alternatives in selected geographies that meet pricing and locational criteria
- Model impact of new or relocated office space alternatives on employee commutation with focus on millennial talent attraction and retention
- Project retail traffic and demographics for alternative locations
- Build economic model to forecast ongoing occupancy expenses for selected space options
- Negotiate lease and purchase transactions
- Trusted referral network of attorneys, architects, contractors, furniture vendors and IT consultant
Looking to open or expand your business in office or retail space, or just curious about opportunities to invest in commercial real estate? We at CORE have extensive experience in the world of New York City commercial real estate and are available to assist you. This guide touches on some key topics within the commercial arena.
“Alex is very unique in that he puts the same energy and diligence in a small requirement as he does in a large one. He has been a huge asset to our company in filling every space that has become available with viable, credible tenants. I have worked with Alex for 10 years and plan to continue that relationship.”
— Mary Ann Corio, Director of Corporate Real Estate, CBS Corporation
“Alex, è davvero un gran professionista, serio, capace e con grande voglia di fare. Trova sempre una risposta alle tue domande ed una soluzione ai vari casi che si sono presentati. Abbiamo curato l'apertura di due negozi su Manhattan e ci siamo trovati molto bene a lavorare con lui.”
— Gianluca Murano, Real Estate Manager, FENICIA S.p.A. (Camicissima)
“Alex did a fantastic job of finding the right space for an important client on a very high profile assignment. He was very responsive to all requests and displayed both a thorough understanding of the market dynamics at play and an ability to clearly articulate this to the client.”
— Colin Blair, Unilever Account Director, Cushman & Wakefield