TOP 5 TIPS FOR BUYERS
1. Choose a real estate agent carefully as this person will be the most important advisor in your search. Whether you are searching for an uptown pied-à-terre or a downtown loft, we are here to help you find it.
2. Before you begin searching for your property, get pre-approved for a mortgage with a bank and/or a mortgage broker so you have a clear understanding of your budget.
3. Educate yourself on the market by speaking with your realtor about property values in different neighborhoods and the differences between cooperatives and condominiums.
4. Once you find a home you are interested in be sure to do your due diligence. A good agent will help streamline this process and obtain information about the building’s financial condition, as well as any renovation or major repairs that may have been done to the property itself and the building.
5. Build out your team wisely. Having an attorney who is experienced in transactional NYC real estate law is crucial. We have a network of established attorneys we can recommend.
OUR HOME MARKETING PROGRAM
If you are leaving or coming to New York City, The Martin Eiden Team can help you with your transition into or out of Manhattan, Brooklyn or Long Island City. The Martin Eiden Team has earned an extraordinary customer service position among local Manhattan clients for relocation. They extend their expertise to relocation management companies as well as broker-to-broker referrals worldwide. The Martin Eiden Team consists of experienced Real Estate Brokers and a dedicated Relocation Director who understands all aspects of the relocation process.
Our Home Marketing Program provides homeowners a customized comparative market analysis and a creative marketing strategy to help sell their home. From preparing and styling each room in a home to understanding the city's unique condominiums and co-ops, we understand what it takes to market New York City’s finest.
TOP 5 TIPS FOR SELLERS
1. Choose a real estate agent carefully as this person will be the most important advisor and confidant throughout the sales process. It is important to find someone you can trust and rely on to prioritize your interests and goals above anything else.
2. Review recent sales of comparable properties so you understand the current state of the market and the value of your home.
3. Timing is important, so discuss with your agent the optimal timing for you personally as well as that of the buyer.
4. Consult with your accountant and lawyer before listing your home to understand the financial and legal implications of the sale. We have a network of trusted attorneys we can recommend.
5. Prepare your home for selling. Fresh paint, clean surfaces and minor renovations can have a significant impact on a potential buyer’s perception of the value of your home. If you are interested in hiring a professional stager, we can help with that too.
WHAT MAKES A HOME SELL
If you have previously listed your property and it did not sell, you are not alone. In Manhattan and Brooklyn, a consistent percentage of listings do not sell with their first broker. The Martin Eiden Team specializes in helping people sell their unsold properties. We conduct a complementary, critical analysis with the following categories in mind:
- Property Presentation: Is the property properly staged?
- Marketing: What strategy will attract the widest pool of buyers?
- Pricing: Is your home priced at the market level?
With this strategy, The Martin Eiden Team has successfully sold a relisted property 97% of the time. The sale is often completed within 30-60 days and sold at or above the asking price.
"I hired the Martin Eiden Team to help me sell my apartment in Williamsburg. I did extensive research on multiple real estate agents but after asking all the brokers the tough questions, Martin had the best and most honest answers. When I hired the Martin Eiden team, I never looked back. Within a few months of listing, my apartment was sold for above asking price. I worked exclusively with Martin Eiden and Michael Kochman and they are truly the best, most organized and trustworthy real estate team out there. From beginning to end, they handled every step of my sale with confidence and ease and I never had to worry about a thing. I would highly recommend the Martin Eiden team for anyone who wants to sell or purchase real estate in the New York City area."
— Lauren Budabin
"The Martin Eiden Team knew just how to spruce up my apartment for sale and made it very easy by getting it all done for me without any disruption. We went to contract in less than a month. I couldn't be more impressed."
— Amy Benjamin
"Martin Eiden did an outstanding job marketing and selling my loft in TriBeCa. His staging the apartment, eye for photography and detailed description generated tons of interest from buyers. Additionally, his extensive research on the current and predicted real estate market was spot on. As a result, the calculated listing price generated several offers. Martin was an excellent representative of my values. I highly recommend him to anyone wanting to sell their home at a great price and have an enjoyable experience doing so."
— Declan Hanlon
"Martin helped me with the sale of our co-op in Chelsea and made a potentially difficult process remarkably easy. From the initial conversations through to the closing, Martin was incredibly responsive and easy to work with. While I hope to stay in our current home for a long time, if and when we are ready to move again I won’t hesitate to call on Martin to help us navigate the New York City real estate market."
— Ken Bacow
"Martin Eiden was able to sell our condo in the East Village within a few weeks after listing it. We had tried to sell it the previous year and had two contracts that fell out. When we switched realtors and hired Martin, it was sold within two weeks of the first open house. He is thorough, dedicated and the most professional realtor I have had the pleasure to work with."
— Patricia McCaslin