With over 30 years of combined experience, the McDonough Hershkowitz Team is approaching $1 billion in New York City residential real estate sales. We understand what draws buyers to your address and can strategize tailored marketing and sales plans to expedite and optimize the sale of any residence.
The McDonough Hershkowitz team was ranked the 141st team by sales volume in the U.S. (top 30 overall in NYC) on the 2016 Wall Street Journal/ Real Trends' The Thousand List.
TOP 5 TIPS FOR BUYERS
1. Choose a real estate agent carefully as this person will be the most important advisor in your search. Whether you are searching for an uptown pied-a-terre or a downtown loft, we are here to help you find it.
2. Before you begin searching for your property, get pre-approved for a mortgage with a bank and/or a mortgage broker so you have a clear understanding of your budget.
3. Educate yourself on the market by speaking with your realtor about property values in different neighborhoods and the differences between cooperatives and condominiums.
4. Once you find a home you are interested in be sure to do your due diligence. A good agent will help streamline this process and obtain information about the building’s financial condition, as well as any renovation or major repairs that may have been done to the property itself and the building.
5. Build out your team wisely. Having an attorney who is experienced in transactional NYC real estate law is crucial. We have a network of established attorneys we can recommend.
TOP 5 TIPS FOR SELLERS
1. Choose a real estate agent carefully as this person will be the most important advisor and confidante throughout the sales process. It’s important to find someone you can trust and rely on to prioritize your interests and goals above anything else.
2. Review recent sales of comparable properties so you understand the current state of the market and the value of your home.
3. Timing is important, so discuss with your agent the optimal timing for you personally as well as that of the buyer.
4. Consult with your accountant and lawyer before listing your home to understand the financial and legal implications of the sale. We have a network of trusted attorneys we can recommend.
5. Prepare your home for selling. Fresh paint, clean surfaces and minor renovations can have a significant impact on a potential buyer’s perception of the value of your home. If you’re interested in hiring a professional stager, we can help with that too.
Heather and Henry both started their NYC real estate practices in New Development, counseling the City’s top developers on all aspects of prestige construction – from branding, to layout, to finishes, to marketing, and ultimately to closing the deals. Their collective, yet diverse, experience and skill sets set them apart in the eyes of NYC's most renowned developers and position them as the ultimate choice for buyers and sellers who want the City's most knowledgeable agents on their side.
“With their professionalism and transparency, Heather and her team turned a process we thought would be enormously painful into nothing more than a tiny pin-prick! We have no regrets and would pick them again in a heartbeat.”
— Catherine + Steve
“Henry did a great job marketing my apartment and creating a competitive bidding process amongst 5 bidders. I’ve seen other brokers do it and they’re just not as savvy or as smart.”
— Lucy, East Village
“I have always dreamed that buying (selling or renting) a home could be both a rewarding and joyful experience, and Heather and her team are the first I have ever found who believe the same and deliver on that promise.”
— Richard and Todd
“Henry continually provided insight to the more complex aspects of financing and contract law. His participation was essential. He knows how to market and sell real estate.”
— Mark, East Village
“Heather has the right touch for a broker and is a true veteran. My husband and I have been in the city for 20+ years (six different apartments) and have never worked with someone that had such a keen understanding of the market and inventory available.”
— ToniAnn & Mike
“Good. Better. Henry Hershkowitz.”
— Michael and Donna
“Cartwright helped us navigate the vast sea of New York City real estate listings and found us the most beautiful apartment that fit every one of our needs. He is an absolute pleasure to work with - he is knowledgeable, diligent, and trustworthy - we highly recommend him for your real estate needs!”
— Nigel and Ashley Stanford
“There are so many nuances to purchasing an apartment, and without Cartwright’s guidance and principled direction, I am not sure I would be as happy as I am today in my space.”
— Emily Novak
“Working with Heather and Henry is a rare privilege. They showed integrity, candidness and determination in finding and closing on my apartment search. The relationship we formed is a trusting and lasting one, and I endorse them wholeheartedly.”
— Andrew, West Village
“We could not have sold our apartment without the entire team’s dedication and neighborhood insight. Such professionalism and execution abilities are in high demand but not always in high supply. Working with the Team made the sale process that much better for us.”
— Will & Kate, West Village