Welcome to Ten, CORE founder and CEO Shaun Osher’s rapid-fire interview series with prominent CORE figures. Read on to find out how this week’s subject deals with being on the hot seat.
Reba Miller has been in the business for almost 30 years! Even after selling over a billion dollars worth of real estate, she has an impeccable reputation and a zest for the business. She recently caused a stir by joining our team in a senior leadership role, and I’m looking forward to working with her to help build our company, our culture, and our brand.
1) What is one the one thing about you that you think defines who you are?
I am very driven.
2) You’ve been in the brokerage business for almost 30 years. What has been your biggest surprise?
How much I still love each day as if it’s my first!
3) You recently joined CORE as our Senior Managing Director of Sales. Why move now?
I felt the business was changing and I bee-lined for the coolest and most reputable company to align myself with. I figured the owner’s name spelled the same way as my son Shaun was a great sign.
4) What was the toughest negotiation of your career?
Selling myself to the developers of 22 West 66th Street when they bought the building from the Resolution Trust Corp. They did not speak a word of English, so every bit of the exclusive from beginning to end was translated into Italian.
5) Who is your mentor?
Presently it’s Barbara Fox.
6) You have been actively involved in REBNY. Why?
I became active as a concerned business owner interested in protecting, supporting and improving small real estate firms. Ultimately, my input helped everyone.
7) What has been the biggest change in selling real estate over the past 30 years?
Keeping up with the fast pace of technology.
8) What is the one thing you enjoy most?
That’s easy: the people.
9) You are an avid tennis player and have a semi pro game. What is your greatest tennis memory?
Winning bronze medals for the USA in women’s doubles and mixed doubles at the Pan American Maccabi games in my late 30’s.
10) Do you have a question for me?
What made you interested in hiring me?
I have a great eye for talent, and I identified you as someone who understands the value CORE brings to an industry that is constantly evolving. I also was in need of a good tennis partner!